See also The Farm Ecologist Terms and Conditions page for more information on how to use and cite material, and my refund policy.
My websites (this one on WordPress, and The Farm Ecologist on Membervault) collect information about you during the checkout process. First off: I or anyone associated with me in a professional sense will never, ever, ever sell, share or otherwise distribute your data outside The Farm Ecologist email list, membership and customer management software (currently MailerLite and MemberVault). Ever. To anyone.
What gets collected and stored
When you visit The Farm Ecologist sites on MemberVault and WordPress, I’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: I’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: where necessary, I’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
- Shipping address: I’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from me, I’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. I’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, I will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
I generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which I collect and use it, and am not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, I will store order information for 2 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
I will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of my team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
My team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you. Currently The Farm Ecologist is a one-woman show, so… my team = me.
Payments are currently accepted through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
(I’m working on adding Stripe and other options soon).